Wednesday, May 11, 2011

10 Things I Wish I had Known Before I Wrote my Thesis.

10.) Subsisting solely on baked goods, caffeine, and nicotine is negatively correlated to the amount of work you get done. AKA, the more jacked you are, the less likely you'll be able to sit still long enough to work.

9.) The paper you started out with and the paper you end with have about as many things in common as dinosaurs and blowjobs.

8.) If you're like me and didn't take any classes the semester you wrote your thesis, you will NOT give a shit about how your students are doing.

7.) Forget working out.

6.) Forget eating decently.

5.) Forget any semblance of a normal sleep schedule.

4.) You will not, under any circumstances, be able to accurately convey what your thesis is about to another person in words. They have to read it.

3.) They won't understand it.

2.) I was advised that the best thing that you can do when writing a thesis is to, at some point, stop researching and actually start writing it. I did not do this. You will not do this.

1.) Size doesn't matter...just get the shit done.

No comments:

Post a Comment